list makers of the universe: i love you, you kindred spirits, you!
today i turn twenty nine, and i’m making a “thirty before thirty” list to celebrate! also we’re going to the girl and the goat for dinner.
humor me and endure a little nostalgia followed by some goal setting, hey? after all, it is my birthday.
my twenty eighth year was a doozy. it was a digging year. a planting year. a worse-before-it’s-better year. a shifting-world-view year.
but twenty nine…twenty nine! i am sure twenty nine is going to be a building year. a growing year. an awareness and gratitude and peace-seeking year. i’m committed to making this year my best yet.
here are thirty little steps in that direction:
1. leave the country. because wanderlust!
2. master a yoga headstand [without help from the wall] & a handstand [with help from the wall].
3. ride my bike in critical mass.
4. sew a skirt…or two or three.
6. make donuts from scratch.
7. take an art class…maybe watercolor or pottery.
8. “eat clean” for a week.
9. take a retreat of silence. just for a day - let’s not get crazy.
10. landscape the parkway in front of our house.
11. host a theme party.
12. start composting.
13. take a midwest camping trip with friends.
14. visit an out-of-town friend.
15. create a functional workspace on the second floor.